We Are Here For You Around The Clock
Count on Companion Animal to be ready 24/7/365 to manage your pet’s emergency and critical care needs. Every patient is attended to as quickly as possible with a gentle touch.
Our team of board-certified specialists, experienced veterinarians, licensed technicians, and attentive support team is available to ensure that your pet receives comprehensive, continuous, and compassionate attention to get on the road to recovery as quickly as possible.
Seek medical attention immediately if your pet experiences any of the following traumas or signs of distress. No appointments are required but a call prior to your arrival 815.479.9119 if possible, is encouraged.
- Abnormal stance or problems walking
- Bloated, distended, swollen, or painful abdomen
- Difficult birth
- Difficulty breathing
- Discoloration of the gums (blue, purple, pale, or gray gums, etc.)
- Inability to urinate or defecate
- Ingestion of any poison, foreign material, or non-prescribed medication
- Open-mouth breathing (cats)
- Pain, shaking, or tenderness to the touch
- Persistent vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Sudden blindness
- Trauma (hit-by-car, signs of a broken bone, fall, etc.)
- Vomit and/or diarrhea containing blood
If you see any of these or any other sign you feel requires emergency attention, please do not delay in seeking care.